Final visit: Enjoy what I learned about Orchard Crest Retirement Community














































































Monday, April 11, 2011

Tuffy...What an inspiration!



During my stay at Rockwood Hawthorne I met many wonderful people, but no one stood out to me more than Tuffy. I spent a fair amount of time taking with this amazing man. He shared with me many of the adventures his life has taken him on. I was lucky enough to learn about his times as a saw mill consultant and how even now he is actively working/ consulting on the details of a project he is involved with in Brazil. He is so involved he will be traveling to Brazil with his associates to work on the details. Tuffy is a true inspiration to me because not only did he live an active life while he was younger...even fought with General Patton, but to this day he continues to share his wealth of knowledge with those around him. When asked how he likes living at Rockwood he responds with a resounding "Love the people. They take great care of all our needs" He retains his spirit, energy and outlook I believe by continuing to stay active and involved. Meeting him was a true highlight of my stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment