Final visit: Enjoy what I learned about Orchard Crest Retirement Community














































































Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wonderful grounds

As I strolled around the grounds here at Broadway Court Estates I am struck with the great pride that is visible everywhere I look. Not only by the owners, which is so very evident; but also by the residents. I was amazed by all the gardens. As you watch this video make sure to notice all the individual gardens. At the beginning of the growing season the residents who desire put their name in for a plot. Some are raised beds and some are traditional plots of earth. Whichever type they ended up with the devotion to their gardens come through. I was fortunate enough to get a tour with, Bob Garwood, a very passionate resident who has several plots. His harvest is used for his baking. It is not unusual for Bob to make the staff pies and other home baked treats from his garden. The staff and residents love it and Bob enjoys his new found gift for baking. Just another way the residents here stay active and involved. Now here is the video...

No comments:

Post a Comment