Final visit: Enjoy what I learned about Orchard Crest Retirement Community














































































Monday, August 22, 2011

Day one: Waterford a Touchmark Community



I shot a short video about my first day here. What I did not include was my initial observations of the people who live here. I met some wonderful, warm people today who were willing to share some of their personal thoughts about life in general and specifically here at Waterford. At both lunch and dinner the ladies I spoke with shared how important your attitude is to your happiness and contentment. In their heart they believe strongly there is no reason not to be happy here. They shared how anything you might desire is available to you. They talked about the importance of not getting stuck in a rut and thinking that nothing is good because the person you are hurting is yourself.  I know this may sound simplistic however if you think about the context of it being our first meeting and the fact these insights came from 3 women in their 90's it seems worth mentioning. We all know attitude is everything but how wonderful that even in your 90's people are making the conscience decision to wake up every day on the right side of the bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment