Final visit: Enjoy what I learned about Orchard Crest Retirement Community














































































Sunday, July 17, 2011

Final Thoughts from Maplewood Gardens

When I began my journey of visiting different retirement communities in Spokane I was excited about what I would find. Each month I have found myself in a different place enjoying a new culture. So when I walked into the lobby of Maplewood Gardens I was struck by the caring staff. What I found as I was shown around the community is a friendly and loving atmosphere. It became apparent to me that everyone knew everyone else. It really was like one large community, a family of sorts. People caring and sharing their live with those who live close by.

Many of the staff and residents have been at Maplewood Gardens for up to 20 years. As I shared in previous posts this is always a good sign of the care that is given. I believe it is in large part from the management that has been in place for years...make sure to watch the video of Karen, the Executive Director it truly spotlights what I am talking about.

Maplewood Gardens is the perfect place for many folks. I recommend that if you are considering a move here or to any other community that you should spend time there. Have some meals, take part in activities, sit around and get a feel for the place. This is a wonderful non-intrusive way to decide if it is the right community for you or your family member. I learned a lot during my stay at Maplewood Gardens and one of the many things I discovered is...as they say in their ad...Maplewood Gardens is a wonderful place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment