Final visit: Enjoy what I learned about Orchard Crest Retirement Community














































































Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bowling is not for babies

They mean business here at Moran Vista when they get together to play Wii Bowling. I just sat with 5 residents and the activity director, Sue who are all avid players and get together almost on a daily basis. They are competitive all in the name of a good time. I have never seen so many strikes and spares in my life. The lanes were lighting up with all the action. What a wonderful way to get some exercise and fun at the same time. Not to mention the great friendships that were obvious in the room.

What I am developing is a true appreciation that this is a community of seniors who truly care about the friends they have here. I see it at the meals when they are concerned if someone isn't at the table and also when one will help the other get situated with their walker...and especially in the bowling alley! It is clearly a homey, friendly place to live.  Somewhere that is easy to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment